Monday, January 23, 2012

I really want to try this....

Hmmm... Oh how I wonder what these taste like...
Ever since I finished watching my 2nd favorite anime, ''Kanon'' I have wanted to try ''Taiyaki''. In Kanon, taiyaki was a food that one of the main characters, Ayu *who is my favorite anime girl aside from Chi from Chobits* absolutley adored. And who could blame her? They're like little fish shaped waffles filled with red or white bean paste or even better, they can be filled with chocolate! I want one!
*Sigh* Well, I'll just have to wait for someone with a fish shaped mold for the batter to come to me :(
I love sweets, especially cold ones. A favorite snack of mine is this Korean cookie with seaweed sprinkled on the top. I'm not sure what they're called, but they are big and oval shaped, and taste exaclty like fortune cookies. So delicious. They have a delicate crunch and melt in your mouth. The seaweed on top gives it a little kick of salty, tangy flavor once you get to the middle. Ahhhh :3 I must say, however, nothing beats the smell or taste of ice cream from an ice cream shop. The scent of all the different flavors of ice cream combines with the cool air and the aroma of the fresh and crispy cones. I also just love how colorful the shops usually are, such as 31 flavors, with the polka dot backgrounds and all of the light pink on the inside of the store. It reminds me of sweet strawberry creme.
I'm not even really sure what got me started on the subject of sweets, but boy do I like talking about them! My ultimate weakness has to be lemon flavored candies, syrups, pies and ice creams. I'm addicted to the smell of lemons, and on occasion, if I get an iced tea with a lemon wedge, I'll keep smelling it. I'll even lick it a few times because it makes my mouth water. Perhaps it the freshness, or the tangy tart feeling on my tongue. Which ever it is, I adore it :3.
Something I think we all all appreciate is the smell of cinnomon or apple pie spice. Especially around Christmas time. It's so warm and soothing, the rich color and flavor of an apple or pumpkin pie. I remember how much my mom used to like going into Cracker Barrel and smelling all of those wonderful Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie spice scented candles. Even more pleasurable is the taste. Ever just focus on how sweet and homey those pies taste? They warm you up from the inside out, and are so filling and delicious. Mmmmmm mm mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment